April 10, 2014
|Fri., April 11||#21 Texas A&M 4, #4 Tennessee 1||ESPNU - 8 p.m. ET||ESPNU | Recap | Box Score|
|Sat., April 12||#4 Tennessee at #21 Texas A&M||5 p.m. ET||Live Video | Live Audio | Live Stats|
|Sun., April 13||#4 Tennessee at #21 Texas A&M||ESPNU - 1 p.m. ET||ESPNU | Live Audio | Live Stats|
NO. 4 TENNESSEE
- ESPN.com/USA Softball Top 25 (4/8): 5
- USA TODAY/NFCA Top 25 Poll (4/8): 4
- The Friday and Sunday games of this week's Tennessee-Texas A&M series will be televised on ESPNU with Cara Capuano as the play-by-play announcer and Cheri Kempf providing analysis. All three games will also feature a live audio feed on WNML 990 AM and UTSports.com with Brian Rice on the call.
- Tennessee is 5-0 all-time against Texas A&M and this weekend's games mark the Lady Vols' first games in College Station.
- UT swept Texas A&M in 2013 with three of its most exciting wins that season. A three-run homer by Raven Chavanne in the bottom of the sixth lifted Tennessee to an 8-6 win over the Aggies in 2013's Game 1. In Game 2, the Lady Vols scored five in the first inning, highlighted by a two-run blast by Melissa Davin, en route to another 8-6 lead. Madison Shipman knocked a walk-off single down the right field line to give UT a 5-4 edge in Game 3 and the series sweep.
- Tennessee is a perfect 5-0 against ranked teams this season with wins over No. 11/12 Nebraska, No. 13/11 Stanford and a three-game sweep of No. 4 Florida. In those games, UT is hitting .298 as a team and its pitchers combined for a 1.80 ERA. The Lady Vols are averaging 5.8 runs in those games and limiting their ranked opponents to 2.8 runs. Opposing ranked teams are hitting just .169 against Tennessee's pitching.
- Tennessee is coming off an impressive 13-5 (5) win over Tennessee Tech on Tuesday. The Lady Vols scored seven runs in the first inning, one in the second and five in the fifth to win by run rule. UT belted three home runs in the first inning, its most in a single inning since knocking three homers in the fourth inning of a 19-1 (5) win over Tennessee State on April 2, 2013.
- Tennessee ranks second in the SEC in hitting with a .334 team batting average and fouth in the conference with a 2.06 team ERA.
- Senior Madison Shipman (.422 BA) and freshman Annie Aldrete (.413 BA) rank seventh and eighth, respectively, in the SEC in individual batting average. Shipman's 11 homers are tied for second-most in the league.
- Senior Ellen Renfroe (22-2) leads the conference with 22 wins and ranks second with a 1.54 ERA and third with 166 strikeouts.
- In SEC conference play, Tennessee has four of the league's top eight hitters. Shipman ranks second in the SEC with a .444 batting average over 12 conference games. Sophomore Rainey Gaffin is fourth with a .440 batting average while Annie Aldrete is sixth (.412) and Melissa Davin is eighth (.405).
- Renfroe is 8-2 with a 2.36 ERA over 11 appearances and nine starts and nine starts in SEC play. She ranks second in league ERA and league wins. Renfroe has tallied 46 strikeouts over 56.1 innings and limited opposing hitters to a .200 batting average.
Aggie Softball Complex
College Station, Texas
In College Station: 0-0
Most Recent Games:
3/22/13 UT W, 8-6
3/23/13 UT W, 8-6
3/24/13 UT W, 5-4
LP - Ellen Renfroe (22-3)
|Alabama||15 - 1||.937||37 - 5||.880||21-2||9-3||7-0||W11|
|Georgia||9 - 4||.692||35 - 6||.853||28-2||4-3||3-1||W3|
|Tennessee||9 - 4||.692||33 - 6||.846||14-1||7-4||12-1||L1|
|Kentucky||8 - 5||.615||34 - 8||.809||14-4||11-2||9-2||W5|
|Texas A&M||9 - 7||.562||29 - 11||.725||12-4||11-6||5-2||W1|
|Missouri||7 - 6||.538||31 - 9||.775||11-3||6-4||14-2||W4|
|Florida||8 - 7||.533||36 - 8||.818||16-4||5-4||15-0||W5|
|Auburn||6 - 7||.461||31 - 10||.750||24-5||3-4-1||4-1||L5|
|South Carolina||6 - 10||.375||26 - 15||.634||20-3||4-9||2-3||L1|
|LSU||4 - 8||.333||22 - 17||.564||14-9||4-7||4-1||L2|
|Mississippi St.||3 - 10||.250||30 - 14||.681||16-6||6-7||8-1||L3|
|Arkansas||3 - 10||.230||25 - 18||.581||15-8||4-7||6-3||W1|
|Ole Miss||3 - 10||.230||20 - 20||.500||10-5||5-11||5-4||L2|