May 23, 2013
Friday, May 24
Tennessee 3, Alabama 2
Saturday, May 25
Tennessee vs. Alabama (H)
Tennessee (H) vs. Alabama
All-session packages for the Super Regional are SOLD OUT. Fans are welcome to watch for free from the 2nd level of Regal Soccer Stadium.
Parking is available adjacent to Sherri Parker Lee Stadium, which is located just off Neyland Drive. For complete directions, click here.
(47-10, 16-6 SEC)
Sherri Parker Lee Stadium
(45-13, 13-11 SEC)
In Knoxville: UA leads, 12-10
Three Meetings in 2013:
3/8/13 UT W, 4-3
3/9/13 UT W, 2-1
3/10/13 UA W, 7-1
Loss - Jackie Traina (19-7)
- The Lady Vols (47-10, 16-6 SEC) finished second in the SEC in the regular season and advanced to the semifinals of the conference tournament. UT went 3-0 in the Knoxville Regional last week with wins over Longwood and NC State (twice). Tennessee ranks among the best in the nation in a slew of statistical categories including:
- Category (National Rank)
- Team Batting Average: .337 (4th)
- Team Scoring (RPG): 7.05 (3rd)
- Team Fielding Percentage: .974 (11th)
- Team ERA: 1.82 (13th)
- Raven Chavanne is a Top 3 Finalist for USA Softball National Collegiate Player of the Year. She is just the third Lady Vol to make it to the Top 3, joining Monica Abbott (who won in 2007) and Tonya Callahan (2008). Chavanne ranks fourth in the nation with a .470 batting average and a 1.19 runs scored per game average. She also is 11th in the country in stolen bases per game with a 0.68 average (39-for-40). Chavanne is also a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award.
- Lauren Gibson was named the SEC Player of the year after outstanding play in conference games. She was also a Top 10 Finalist for USA Softball National Collegiate Player of the Year. On the year, Gibson is batting .416 (40th in the nation) with 18 home runs (t-16th) and 66 RBIs (1.16 average is 12th in nation).
- Chavanne, Gibson, Kat Dotson and Madison Shipman earned NFCA All-Southeast Region first team honors. Ellen Renfroe was named to the All-Southeast Region second team.
- Chavanne, Shipman and Ellen Renfroe were named to the Capital One Academic All-District 3 First Team.
- Chavanne, Gibson, Kat Dotson and Madison Shipman earned first Team All-SEC and SEC All-Defensive Team honors.
- Tennessee is 18-33 all-time against Alabama and 10-12 against the Crimson Tide in games played in Knoxville.
- The Lady Vols took two of three in their 2013 season series against Alabama from March 8-10.
- UT has three players with double-digit home runs. Gibson has 18 and Madison Shipman and Cheyanne Tarango each homered in the Regionals to move their season totals to 10.
- Ellen Renfroe's 11-inning, 13 strikeout gem in UT's 1-0 win over NC State on May 18 marked her first win in the NCAA Tournament.
- Ivy Renfroe continues to be one of the most dominant NCAA Tournament pitchers. With two shutout wins last week, she is now 15-4 all-time in NCAA Tournament play with a 1.53 ERA and 121 strikeouts over 118.2 innings.
POST-PRACTICE: TENNESSEE (5/23)
- The Crimson Tide(45-13) finished eighth in the SEC in the regular season and fell in the quarterfinals of the conference tournament to eventual champ Florida. Alabama also ranks among the best in the nation in a slew of statistical categories including:
- Category (National Rank)
- Team Batting Average: .334 (7th)
- Team Scoring (RPG): 7.00 (4th)
- Stolen Bases Per Game: 1.98 (10th)
- Sluggin Percentage: .510(17th)
- The defending national champions went 3-0 in the Tuscaloosa Regional with wins over Jacksonville State and Western Kentucky (twice).
- Alabama features a well-rounded lineup that has eight batters hitting .314 or higher, two high-average speedsters (Kayla Braud and Haylie McCleney) and two major power threats (Kaila Hunt, Jackie Traina).
- Kayla Braud leads the team with a .476 batting average and 38 stolen bases. Haylie McCleney is right behid her with a .466 average and 29 stolen bases. Andrea Hawkins (.387 BA), Kaila Hunt (.378 BA, 15 HRs, 60 RBIs) and Jackie Traina (.333 BA, 13 HRs, 45 RBIs) round out the Tide's top five hitters.
- In the circle, Jackie Traina (19-6, 2.48 ERA, 208 Ks, 188.1 IP) and Leslie Jury (18-7, 2.54 ERA, 101 Ks, 132.1 IP) are a formidable 1-2 punch.
POST-PRACTICE: ALABAMA (5/23)
|Florida||18 - 6||.750||55 - 7||.887||30-3||13-3||12-1||W6|
|Tennessee||16 - 6||.727||47 - 10||.825||18-2||13-5||16-3||W3|
|Missouri||15 - 8||.652||38 - 12||.760||14-5||16-5||8-2||L1|
|Georgia||14 - 9||.609||40 - 21||.656||24-8||8-8||8-5||L1|
|Kentucky||13 - 11||.542||41 - 19||.683||14-9||14-8||13-2||W1|
|South Carolina||8 - 16||.333||34 - 25||.576||8-10||12-11||14-4||L1|
|LSU||15 - 8||.652||42 - 16||.724||26-6||9-6||7-4||L1|
|Arkansas||12 - 10||.545||36 - 20||.643||19-6||8-10||9-4||L1|
|Alabama||13 - 11||.542||45 - 13||.776||26-6||10-6||9-1||W3|
|Texas A&M||10 - 13||.435||42 - 16||.724||29-6||6-8||7-2||W1|
|Mississippi St.||8 - 16||.333||32 - 24||.571||14-9||8-13||10-2||L4|
|Auburn||7 - 17||.292||30 - 23||.566||22-12||7-9||1-2||L3|
|Ole Miss||3 - 21||.125||25 - 31||.446||14-13||3-15||8-3||W2|