Jan. 20, 2012
TENNESSEE (5-0, 2-0) vs. GEORGIA (5-1, 2-0)
January 21, 2012 | 2:00 p.m. ET
Gabrielsen Natatorium | Athens, Ga.
THE GEORGIA MEET
- The 14th-ranked Lady Vols will face its third conference opponent this season when it travels to Athens, Ga., to take on the top-ranked Lady Bulldogs.
- Last season Tennessee was defeated by Georgia, 177-123, as UT won six events and set three pool records at the Allan Jones Intercollegiate Aquatic Center.
- The two schools have faced one another on 33 occasions, with Georgia leading the all-time series 28-4-1. UT's last triumph over UGA came in 1989.
- The Lady Vols have not competed since Nov. 18, which was the last day of the Tennessee Invitational.
ENTERING ROUGH WATERS
- Since November of 1995, Georgia has won 76 straight home meets. Most recently UGA fell to Texas, snapping the Lady Bulldogs' streak of 18 straight dual-meet wins dating back to 2010.
- The Lady Vols have been on the road a lot this season, as five of their first seven meets/invitationals have been away from the friendly confines of the AJIAC.
- The last time UT has been on the road as often as this season came during the 2007-08 campaign, where the team went 3-1 in dual meets and competed in three other invitationals.
- Tennessee has defeated a pair of ranked teams this season, downing No. 8 Indiana and No. 19 Louisville.