Feb. 14, 2012
THE 2012 SEC CHAMPIONSHPS
Feb. 15-18, 2012 | All Day
AJIAC | Knoxville, Tenn.
THE LEAGUE MEET
- For the fifth time in Tennessee history, the Lady Vols and Knoxville will serve host to the Southeastern Conference Championships.
- The SEC is one of the toughest conferences in the nation, since 1982 the league has placed 82 teams in the NCAA top 10.
- In the previous four league meets that UT has hosted, the Lady Vols have finished second (1988), third (1996), fifth (2006) and sixth (1986).
- The Lady Vols have finished fourth at the last four SEC Championships.
- In the three-plus years that the AJIAC has been open, Tennessee holds a record of 12-3 at the state-of-the-art facility that was formally dedicated on Aug. 16, 2008.
- It will be the first time the Allan Jones Intercollegiate Aquatic Center will serve as the host facility, as the Student Aquatic Center hosted the previous four SEC meets.
- ESPNU will air the SEC Championships on a tape delay. The men can be seen on Monday, Feb. 27 at 5 p.m. ET, with the women being shown Tuesday Feb. 28 at 5 pm ET.
- Tennessee faced four ranked opponent this year in seven dual meets, winning three of those contests.