Feb. 24, 2012
THE LAST CHANCE MEET
Feb. 25-26, 2012 | All Day
Gabrielsen Natatorium | Athens, Ga.
TIME TO IMPROVE
- Lady Vol swimmers travel to Athens, Ga., for the Bulldog Last Chance Meet, which be held Saturday and Sunday. Prelims will begin at 10 a.m. ET each day and finals will get underway at 5 p.m. on Saturday and 4 p.m. Sunday.
- The meet gives competitors one final opportunity to earn season-best performances in an effort to move up the national lists before the NCAA Championships.
- Auburn University will host the 2012 NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships over March 15-17 in Auburn, Ala.
- Tennessee has hosted its own "Last Chance" Meet each of the past three seasons.
RECAPING THE 2012 SECs
- UT notched its best finish at the SEC Championships in over 20 years, placing second at the 2012 league meet in Knoxville with a tally of 629.5 points.
- Head Coach Matt Kredich was tabbed the SEC Women's Coach of the Year after UT won seven events, grabbed runner-up five times and notched third on six occasions
- Head diving coach Dave Parrington was honored by the league as the Diving Coach of the Year on both the men's and women's side, while Tori Lamp was chosen as the SEC Women's Diver of the Year.
- Eight Tennessee records were shattered at the league meet, including the 200y medley and 400y medley relays and Lamp's performance on the towers that set new conference standards.