March 13, 2012
- For the fourth consecutive year, Tennessee will send 11 student-athletes to the NCAA Championships, as nine swimmers and two divers will represent UT.
- The Lady Vols will compete in all but one individual event over the course of the three-day meet and in all five relays.
- Under the guidance of head coach Matt Kredich, the reigning SEC Coach of the Year, the Big Orange has finished in the top 15 at NCAAs an unprecedented six straight years.
- Tennessee's highest finish at NCAAs came in 1989, when the squad placed fourth at the meet held in Indianapolis, Ind.
IN THE HUNT
- The Lady Vols are ranked 10th or better in 12 events at the national meet.
- Senior Jenny Connolly is seeded first in the 100y fly and holds the second-fastest 100y back mark.
- Junior Kelsey Floyd owns the sixth-fastest 200y fly time, while Lindsay Gendron (1650y free) and Molly Hannis (100y breast) rank seventh in their respective events.
- Tennessee ranks in the top 10 in all five relays, highlighted by the 200y medley relay that is rated first and the 400y MR that is seeded third.