Nov. 3, 2011
- This week, the Lady Vol swimming and diving team returns to the road for another dual meet, this time against South Carolina at 2 p.m. ET at the Carolina Natatorium.
- The Big Orange are coming off a dominating win over Louisville last Thursday, as in the meet, Tennessee won 15 of the 16 events versus the Cardinals.
- Tennessee leads the series 13-12 over South Carolina, but the Gamecocks have not defeated UT since Nov. 19, 1993, as the Lady Vols have won the last 10 meetings.
- Friday's dual meet against South Carolina will be the first time since the 2006-07 season that Tennessee has traveled to Columbia, as the Lady Vols won 141-98 over USC five years ago.
SECOND SEC OPPONENT
- During the 2011-12 slate, the Allan Jones Intercollegiate Aquatic Center will host three regular season events and the 2012 Southeastern Conference Championships in February.
- Tennessee returned six All-Americans this season. Five current Lady Vols claimed A-A accolades in 2011, as the Big Orange finished 12th at the 2011 NCAA Championships.
- At the 2011 World University Games in China, senior Jenny Connolly captured a gold medal in the 50m back, a silver medal in the 100m back. The 16-time All-American set a new WUG record in the 50 back in both the prelims and the finals.