March 18, 2014
KNOXVILLE - The University of Tennessee women's tennis team heads out on a four-match, spring break road trip this week.
The Lady Vols begin their trip in Murray, Ky. on Wednesday, March 19 with a doubleheader. UT will first face Murray State at 11 a.m. followed by a 4 p.m. meeting with Western Kentucky.
Tennessee enters the match with a 5-8 record, after splitting last week's matches against No. 3 Florida (0-7) and No. 54 South Carolina (4-2).
Tennessee is 37-15 all-time against teams hailing from the state of Kentucky.
The Lady Vols are undefeated against non-SEC teams in Kentucky with a 14-0 record while they are 24-15 against Kentucky all-time
- vs. Eastern Kentucky - 8-0
- vs. Kentucky - 24-15
- vs. Louisville - 1-0
- vs. Murray State - 2-0
- vs. Western Kentucky - 2-0
THE COMPETITIONCOMING UP ON 200
- The Lady Vols entered the 2014 season with 198 wins in SEC play
- With their second win of the 2014 season against an SEC opponent, Tennessee will have notched its 200th conference victory since beginning SEC play
- The Lady Vols notched their first SEC win of the season with a 4-2 comeback victory over South Carolina on Sunday, March 16
- The Lady Vols and Murray State have met just two times in the past with the Lady Vols earning both wins over the Racers
- One of the matches came in Knoxville, the other location is unknown
- The two teams have not met since the 2003 season when they met on May 10, 2003 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, a 4-0 sweep for the Lady Vols
- The first time the two teams met was during the 1981 season a 6-3 win for UT
- The Lady Vols and Western Kentucky have also met just two times in the past and have also won both of those meetings
- The two previous meetings have come on neutral grounds in Lexington
- Tennessee and Western Kentucky first met in 1977, the first year of action for the Lady Vols
- The two teams have not met since the 1979 season when UT shut out WKU 9-0
LADY VOLS IN 2014
- The Lady Vols enter this weekend's competition ranked No. 47 in the country, up two spots from last week's 49th place ranking.
- Co-Head Coaches Mike Patrick and Sonia Hahn-Patrick are in their 17th season together leading the Lady Vols. They have compiled a 287-166 record together.
- The Lady Vols currently have one player ranked in singles play, freshman Eve Repic who is ranked 102nd in the country.
- The Lady Vols have six fresh faces on the team this season in freshmen Ashlee Boles (Murfreesboro, Tenn.), Laurence Guevremont (Montreal, Quebec), Brittany Lindl (Panama City, Fla.), Victoria Olivarez (Virginia Beach, Va.), Ambika Pande (Gurgaon, India), and Eve Repic (Oakville, Ontario).
- Tennessee boasts a diverse squad that represents four different states, two provinces of Canada and four different countries.
- Co-Head Coach Mike Patrick, in his 27th year at the helm of the Tennessee women's tennis program captured his 500th career victory on Sunday, Feb. 16 vs. Chattanooga.
- Patrick, who is in his 30th season coaching tennis at the collegiate level has earned 502 career victories, 446 of those coming at UT and 294 of them alongside co-head coach Sonia Hahn-Patrick
- Patrick became just the 10th Division I coach to reach the 500-win plateau.
- Patrick currently ranks sixth among active NCAA Division I coaches in wins
- Patrick has also coached in 803 career matches over the course of his career with his 800th career match played coming in his home state of Mississippi vs. Ole Miss on March 7, 2014