Oct. 24, 2013
Friday, Oct. 25
|10 a.m.||Ohio State vs. Kentucky||Results|
|1 p.m.||NC State vs. Ohio State *||Results|
|Tennessee vs. Kentucky*||Results|
|2 p.m.||NC State vs. Tennessee||Results|
Saturday, Oct. 26
|10 a.m.||NC State vs. Kentucky||Results|
|1 p.m.||Tennessee vs. NC State *||Results|
|Ohio State vs. Kentucky*||Results|
|2 p.m.||Ohio State vs. Tennessee||Results|
Sunday, Oct. 27
|10 a.m.||NC State vs. Ohio State||Results|
|1 p.m.||Tennessee vs. Ohio State *||Results|
|Kentucky vs. NC State*||Results|
|2 p.m.||Tennessee vs. Kentucky||Results|
* Doubles matches
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - After a successful weekend at the USTA/ITA Ohio Valley Regionals, the Tennessee women's tennis team returns to campus to host the Tennessee Fall Invitational at the Goodfriend Tennis Center.
Tennessee welcomes Ohio State, Kentucky and NC State to town for the tournament, which features a dual meet-style set up. The tournament will run from Friday, October 25 to Sunday, October 27.
Play will begin Friday, October 25 at 10 a.m. when Ohio State and Kentucky square off in singles play, followed by all four teams taking part in doubles action at 1 p.m. and concluding with singles action between NC State and Tennessee.
- There are no draws for the tournament. Each day, the coaches will set their team's lineups.
- Play will begin with two teams facing off in dual-style singles play, followed by all four teams taking part in doubles play and concluding with the remaining two teams competing in singles action.
- 10 p.m. Ohio State vs. Kentucky Singles
- 1 p.m. Doubles; UT vs. UK and OSU vs. NC State
- 2 p.m. Tennessee vs. NC State Singles
- 10 a.m. NC State vs. Kentucky Singles
- 1 p.m. Doubles; UK vs. OSU and UT vs. NC State
- 2 p.m. Tennessee vs. Ohio State Singles
- 10 a.m. NC State vs. Ohio State Singles
- 1 p.m. Doubles; UT vs. OSU and UK vs. NC State
- 2 p.m. Tennessee vs. Kentucky Singles * - All time are approximate and subject to change
OHIO VALLEY REGIONAL RECAP
- Last weekend at the USTA/ITA Ohio Valley Regional, eight Lady Vols took part in the action as freshman Eve Repic reached the semifinals of the singles tournament, the lone unseeded athlete at the event to do so.
- The young Tennessee team gained some valuable experience against their Ohio Valley foes that they will bring into this week's invitational.
HOSTING ONCE AGAIN
- The Lady Vols are hosting back-to-back fall tournaments after not having hosted a fall tournament on campus since the 2009-10 season when they played host to the St. Mary's Tournament from November 6-8 which brought Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and East Tennessee State to Knoxville.
- The same four teams that attended the 2012 Tennessee Fall Invite will be back in action this weekend.
COMPETING AGAINST THE BEST
- There are three ranked singles players participating in the Tennessee Fall Invite and two ranked doubles teams.
- SINGLES - No. 26 Nadia Ravita (Kentucky); No. 45 Joelle Kissell (NC State); No. 55 Kelsey Dieters (Kentucky)
- DOUBLES - No. 32 Caitlin McGraw and Nadia Ravita (Kentucky); No. 56 Caitlyn Williams and Joanna Henderson (Tennessee)