April 16, 2005
- South Carolina won the shuttle hurdle relay in 54.00, breaking the Gamecocks' 4/13/02 Sea Ray Relays, Tom Black Track and Tom Black Track collegiate records of 54.28. Notes
- Nike's Catherine Berry, who ran collegiately at East Tennessee State, won the 5,000m on Saturday after claiming the 3000m crown on Friday night, marking the second straight season she has accomplished that victory double.
- South Carolina's victory in the shuttle hurdle relay was its fourth straight and the fifth in the past six years.
- Cornell's triumph in the distance medley relay was that school's third in the past five years (2001, 2002, 2005).
- South Carolina's win in the 4x100m relay was the program's third in the past four seasons (2002, 2003, 2005).
- Tiffany Ross-Williams, winner of the 100mH and 400mH on Friday, anchored South Carolina's SHR to victory, ran the opening leg on USC's victorious 4x100m relay and handled the second leg on the runner-up 4x400m relay on Saturday.
- Cornell earned its third 4x800m relay title at Sea Rays, matching victories in 1996 and 2000.
- Tennessee's Tianna Madison won her second-straight Sea Ray Relays long jump title
- Toyin Olupona of Tennessee won the invitational 100m dash Saturday after claiming the open division title on Friday
Victorious Relay Lineups
- Shuttle Hurdle Relay: South Carolina (Chiquita Martin, Ronnetta Alexander, Shevon Stoddart, Tiffany Ross-Williams), winning in 54.00
- Distance Medley Relay: Cornell (Amber McGown, Christina Cossell, Ruth Morgan, Sarah Coseo), winning in 11:23.96
- 4x100m Relay: South Carolina (Tiffany Ross-Williams, Erica Whipple, Alexis Joyce, Shalonda Solomon), winning in 43.82.
- 4x800m Relay: Cornell (Carrie Richards, Alison Koplar, Jessica Brown, Morgan Uceny), winning in 8:38.21.
- 4x400m Relay: PDT (Christine Amertil, Karen Shinkins, Monique Hennagan, Valma Bass), winning in 3:27.97.
Women's Tony Wilson Award Winners
Running Events: Tiffany Ross-Williams, South Carolina...Won the 100m hurdles in 13.12...won the 400m hurdles in a meet-record time of 55.93...anchored USC's meet and track record-setting shuttle hurdle relay (54.00)...ran the opening leg on the Gamecocks' victorious 4x100m relay (43.82)....ran the second leg on South Carolina's runner-up 4x400m relay (3:27.97).
Field Events: Tianna Madison, Tennessee...The current world leader and the Lady Vol record-holder in the long jump charted a leap of 21 feet, 8 ¼ inches to win her second straight Sea Ray Relays long jump title...That effort was just shy of the meet record of 21-11 ½...Madison held off 2004 Olympian and U.S. Olympic Trials runner-up Grace Upshaw today with a mark that ranks seventh in the world in 2005.