March 24, 2011
OPENING OUTDOOR WEEKEND FOR TENNESSEE TRACK & FIELD
* The Tennessee men's and women's track & field teams will pop the top on the outdoor portion of the 2011 schedule on Friday and Saturday at two different meets.
* While the majority of the Vols and Lady Vols will be in Orlando, Fla., competing in the UCF Invitational, a handful of distance runners will be in California for the Stanford Invitational.
* Follow the teams @Vol_Track and @LadyVol_Track on Twitter or online at utsports.com and utladyvols.com.
* Complete UT meet notes, stats and records as well as schedules from both meets are attached here:
* The live results link is halfmiletiming.com
* Action runs from noon to 7 p.m. Eastern time on Friday and from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturday at the UCF Track & Field Complex.
* Among the schools joining UCF and Tennessee in Orlando are Cincinnati, Florida, Maryland and Miami, among others.
* The live results link is rtspt.com
* Action runs from 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Pacific time (noon-2:30 a.m. Eastern) on Friday and from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (noon to 8:30 p.m. ET) on Saturday at Stanford's Cobb Track and Angell Field.
* Among the numerous schools joining Stanford and Tennessee on "The Farm" for the meet are Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, BYU, California, Clemson, Colorado, Duke, Florida State, Indiana, Iowa State, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Penn State, USC, UCLA, Washington and Washington State.