Liz Costello scored 18 points for UT at the SEC Indoor meet.
May 10, 2011
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- With the regular-season portion of the schedule now complete, the Tennessee men's and women's track & field teams will turn their focus toward the postseason. That begins this weekend, as the Vols and Lady Vols compete in the 2011 SEC Outdoor Championships in Athens, Ga.
The meet runs Thursday, May 12, through Sunday, May 15, at Spec Towns Track on the University of Georgia campus. The 21st-ranked Lady Vols will try to chart another top-three finish, as they did in taking third at the 2011 SEC Indoor meet, and improve over last year's seventh-place outdoor outcome. The Vols, meanwhile, would like to continue the upward movement they have demonstrated at the past three league meets. They were 10th indoors and ninth outdoors last season and seventh indoors in 2011.
A complete schedule of events, as well as team notes, rosters, statistics and records, can be found in the UT Track & Field Media Notes Package at the following link:
ESPN3.COM WILL STREAM PORTIONS OF THE SEC MEET
* Live video/audio coverage of select portions of the SEC Outdoor Championships will be provided by www.ESPN3.com.
* Saturday's coverage runs from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Eastern time.
* Sunday's final day action will be shown from 2 to 6 p.m. ET.
ESPNU TO AIR RECAP OF SEC OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS
* A television recap of the SEC Outdoor Championships is scheduled to air on May 25 from 8-10 p.m. Eastern time on ESPNU.
* The broadcast crew for the ESPNU telecast and the ESPN3.com stream will include Larry Rawson, Dwight Stones and Lewis Johnson.
SEC MEET WEBSITE INFO. AND LIVE RESULTS LINKS
* The SEC Outdoor Track & Field Championships Website can be found at SEC Championships.
* The live results link can be found in the directory on the front page of the SEC Outdoor Track & Field Championships Website.
* UT meet recaps and results of Vol and Lady Vol competitors will be sent to the media after each day of competition. That information also will be posted on www.utsports.com and www.utladyvols.com.
FOLLOW TENNESSEE TRACK & FIELD ON TWITTER
* Be sure to follow Tennessee track & field on Twitter: @Vol_Track and @LadyVol_Track.
J.J. Clark Interview