Dec. 10, 2004
Ohio State vs. Tennessee Match Notes
- Tennessee lost its first five-game match of the season, after beating Florida in its first two five-game matches this season (11/14/04 and 11/21/04)
- Tennessee setter Julie Knytych finished the season in second place on the SEC single season assists list with 1,709.
- Ohio State will make its second NCAA Regional Final appearance, and its first since 1994, when they defeated Long Beach State 3-1 to advance to the NCAA Final Four.
- Ohio State's Stacey Gordon moved into fourth place on the NCAA's all-time kills list with 35 kills in the match. She now has 2,754 in her career. She also broke the Big Ten and Ohio State records for single season kills, surpassing Vanessa Wouters who collected 765 in the 1996 season. Gordon has tallied 798 kills so far this season.
- With the win, Ohio State retained its perfect series record against Tennessee, which now stands at 7-0.
- Ohio State is now 2-2 on the season when losing the first game, and 3-0 in five-game matches this year.
- Ohio State's setter, Marisa Main, surpassed her previous career-high of 68 assists with 86 against Tennessee