Sept. 22, 2011
- This weekend, the Lady Vols begin a four-match Southeastern Conference road trip, beginning with a match against South Carolina on Friday. Tennessee has won five straight meetings over the Gamecocks, including six of the last seven, dating back to Nov. of 2007..
- Friday's match will also mark the conference home opener for South Carolina.
- Friday's match against UT with an identical overall record (9-2), but has only played one SEC opponent in Mississippi State. In that match, USC fell short, losing in five sets (16-25, 17-25, 25-23, 25-23, 8-15)..
SEC Road Opener
- Tennessee has won at least 15 SEC matches each of the last three seasons leading up to 2011, finishing with 15 in 2008 and 2010 and 16 in 2009. Patrick is 146-90 in his career in the SEC. In 12 of his 14 seasons, he led the Lady Vols to a .500 or better record against the conference. In 2004, Tennessee roared through the conference with a 15-1 record, tying for first in the SEC and winning the SEC Tournament a week later. br />
- Last weekend, the Lady Vols opened their conference slate with a bang, sweeping both Georgia and Auburn at home. The victory over Georgia on Friday also gave UT head coach his 300th career win, all of which have come at the Tennessee..
- Sophomore Kelsey Robinson has produced seven performances of at least 20 kills so far this season. In six of those matches, she has also recorded a double-double.