Oct. 8, 2011
- The Lady Vols are home for one more match on Sunday against Ole Miss before another four match SEC road trip. On Friday against Alabama, UT fans raised $2,650 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation at the annual "Dig for the Cure" match, which supports breast cancer research.
- Tennessee has had a lot of success against Ole Miss recently, as the team has won six straight over the Rebels. Ole Miss has not won in Knoxville since 2007.
- By starting the season a perfect 7-0 against SEC schools, the Lady Vols have now won 10 straight matches this season and 10 consecutive conference matches dating back to last season.
- Friday's attendance of 1,999 was the second-largest crowd in Tennessee history.
Coming Back Home
- Tennessee has won at least 15 SEC matches each
of the last three seasons leading up to 2011, finishing with 15 in 2008 and 2010 and 16 in 2009. Rob Patrick is 163-98 in his career in the SEC. In 12 of his 14 seasons, he led the Lady Vols to a .500 or better record against the conference. In 2004, Tennessee roared through the conference with a 15-1 record, tying for first in the SEC and winning the SEC Tournament a week later.
- By defeating LSU last Friday and Florida on Sept. 25, it is the first time in school history that Tennessee has beaten both the Gators and Tigers on the road in the same season.
- Following two road wins against LSU and Arkansas, the Southeastern Conference named Mary Pollmiller the league's Freshman of the Week honor. It was the second time in less than a month that Pollmiller grabbed the award. .