Oct. 11, 2011
- Following back-to-back home wins, the No. 18 Lady Vols begin another four-match SEC road trip on Wednesday, when they square off against No. 25 Kentucky in Lexington on ESPNU. The match will be a battle of the top two teams in the SEC East, as both squads rank in the top three in hitting percentage in the conference.
- Tennessee has defeated the Wildcats in five consecutive matches, including downing UK on ESPNU a year ago in Knoxville.
- By starting the season a perfect 8-0 against SEC schools, the Lady Vols have now won 11 straight matches this season and 11 consecutive conference matches dating back to last season.
- A win over Kentucky would give the Lady Vols their best SEC start in school history.
A Top-25 Clash
- Tennessee has won at least 15 SEC matches each
of the last three seasons leading up to 2011, finishing with 15 in 2008 and 2010 and 16 in 2009. Rob Patrick is 163-98 in his career in the SEC. In 12 of his 14 seasons, he led the Lady Vols to a .500 or better record against the conference. In 2004, Tennessee roared through the conference with a 15-1 record, tying for first in the SEC and winning the SEC Tournament a week later.
- By defeating LSU last Friday and Florida on Sept. 25, it is the first time in school history that Tennessee has beaten both the Gators and Tigers on the road in the same season.
- Following her two outstanding performances against Alabama and Ole Miss, UT outside hitter Kelsey Robinson was named was the Sports Imports/AVCA Division I National and Southeastern Conference Player of the Week. She is just the fourth Lady Vol to earn the national accolade. .