Oct. 22, 2011
- The No. 20 Lady Vols will conclude its second four-match Southeastern Conference road trip on Sunday, as the squad travels to Athens, Ga., to take on Georgia on Sunday.
- With a win against Auburn on Friday, Tennessee currently holds the best record in the SEC, as the teams is 10-1 against the league.
- Georgia enters the match with an overall record of 9-12 after losing to Kentucky on Friday in four sets. Against the SEC, the Bulldogs are 5-6.
- Tennessee swept Georgia earlier this season, as the Bulldogs came to Knoxville on Sept. 16.
- Tennessee has won at least 15 SEC matches each
of the last three seasons leading up to 2011, finishing with 15 in 2008 and 2010 and 16 in 2009. Rob Patrick is 164-98 in his career in the SEC. In 13 of his 15 seasons, he led the Lady Vols to a .500 or better record against the conference. In 2004, Tennessee roared through the conference with a 15-1 record, tying for first in the SEC and winning the SEC Tournament a week later.
- The Lady Vols finished off the first half of their SEC double round-robin schedule in first place with a 9-1 mark, which is their best record at the half way point since the conference went to the format in 2006.
- After setting a career-high in digs with 31 at Kentucky, and being a consistent presence in the Lady Vol back row, the SEC named sophomore libero Ellen Mullins as the Defensive Player of the Week. Mullins averaged a team-best 5.75 digs per set last weekend on the road against Kentucky and Mississippi State. .