Nov. 7, 2012
- Winners of eight of their last nine matches, the Lady Vols travel to Oxford, Miss., to take on Ole Miss for the 46th meeting between the two programs this Friday night at 7 p.m. CT.
- Tennessee currently holds a commanding 39-6 lead in the all-time series and enters the match having won eight in a row against the Rebels.
- UT has also won 22 of the last 24 meetings, including a pair of five-setters last season, against Ole Miss.
- This match marks the 19th meeting in Oxford, where Tennessee has lost only one match and is 17-1 all-time. UT's lone loss in Oxford came in five sets on Nov. 2, 2007.
- 27 of the matches between the two sides have been decided in straight-sets - with UT winning all but three of them - while there has been nine four-set matches and nine that needed all five sets to decide a winner.
- Since taking over in 1997, coach Rob Patrick is an impressive 21-2 against the Rebels, including a 10-1 mark on the road.
SCOUTING THE REBELS
- Ole Miss enters the match in fifth place in the SEC Western Division with a 10-13 overall record and a 4-10 mark in league play. The Rebels lost a pair of four set matches at Kentucky and LSU last week.
- The Rebels, who have SEC wins against Mississippi State, Missouri and two versus South Carolina, have been solid at home all season. Ole Miss is 6-3 at the Gillom Center this year.
- The Rebels are a good serving team, currently ranking seventh in the conference with a 1.11 aces per set average. Leading the way in the category is junior Kara Morgan, who has 21 aces on the season.
- Led by senior Ashley Veach, Ole Miss ranks eighth in the SEC in digs per set with an average of 14.98. Veach leads the team with 377 digs on the year and her 4.44 scoops per game average are currently fourth-best in the league.
- Morgan also leads the Rebels offensively. She has a team-high 256 kills on the season and ranks 12th in the SEC in kills per set.
- Senior setter Amanda Philpot is the league's only player to have recorded two triple-doubles this season. Philpot tallied 11 kills, 14 digs and 36 assists against Rice (9/7) and then posted 10 kills, 12 digs and 40 helpers against Mississippi State (9/21) just two weeks later. UT's Mary Pollmiller is the only other player in the SEC with a triple-double this season.
- Ole Miss Head Coach Joe Getzin is in his 11th season at the helm of the Rebels. During his tenure, Getzin has guided the Rebels to three NCAA Tournaments and owns a record of 143-178 at Ole Miss.