Nov. 10, 2011
- Coming off a win at Louisville and a victory over Mississippi State at home this past week, the Lady Vols hit the road one last time during the regular season, as the team travels to Oxford, Miss., and Tuscaloosa, Ala., for matches against Ole Miss and Alabama.
- Ole Miss, is the only SEC team this season to take the Lady Vols to a fifth set at Thompson-Boling Arena, at the Big Orange narrowly prevailed in five.
- The Lady Vols have been dominate in the overall series against the Rebels, as UT holds a 38-6 lead in the all-time series.
- After being on the road for eight SEC matches already this season, three of UT's final five conference matches will be at home at Thompson-Boling Arena.
ONE MORE ROAD TRIP
- Tennessee has won at least 15 SEC matches each
of the last three seasons leading up to 2011, finishing with 15 in 2008 and 2010 and 16 in 2009. Rob Patrick is 164-98 in his career in the SEC. In 13 of his 15 seasons, he led the Lady Vols to a .500 or better record against the conference. In 2004, Tennessee roared through the conference with a 15-1 record, tying for first in the SEC and winning the SEC Tournament a week later.
- The Lady Vols finished off the first half of their SEC double round-robin schedule in first place with a 9-1 mark, which is their best record at the half way point since the conference went to the format in 2006.
- With a pair of victories last week against Louisville and Mississippi State, the Big Orange has now won its last seven matches and have been victorious in 17 of its last 18 matches.