Nov. 14, 2012
- Match Promotions
- Winners of 10 of its last 11 matches, including five in a row, the Lady Vols welcome Auburn for the first meeting of the season and the 43rd meeting in the all-time series on Friday night.
- Tennessee currently holds a 28-13-1 advantage in the all-time series and enters the match having won four in a row against AU.
- UT has taken seven of the past eight matches and 20 of the last 22 against AU. Four of Tennessee's past seven wins against the Tigers have been in straight sets.
- This match marks the 16th in Knoxville, where the Big Orange has lost only two matches and is 13-2 all-time. UT last loss at home came in four sets on Oct. 28, 2007.
- 20 of the 42 matches between the two sides have been decided in straight-sets, while there have only been five five-setters in the series. UT has won three of them.
- The program's winningest coach, Rob Patrick will be coaching his 500th career match at UT and holds an impressive 20-4 record against Auburn, including a 10-1 mark on Rocky Top.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS
- Auburn enters the match in third place in the SEC Western Division with a 17-9 overall record and an even 8-8 mark in league action. Last week, the Tigers lost in four sets to division-leader Texas A&M.
- Prior to the loss against the Aggies, the Tigers won four straight conference matches. AU beat South Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas and Georgia during the stretch. AU is 6-5 in road matches this season.
- Auburn ranks in the top five in the SEC in a variety of statistical categories, including opponent hitting percentage (.166), assists per set (12.9), kills per set (13,73), blocks (2.46) and digs per set (16.62).
- Leading the Tigers offensively is senior Sarah Bullock - who ranks 11th in the SEC with 3.43 kills per set and has 309 spikes on the year - and junior middle blocker Camila Jersonsky. She ranks third in the conference in hitting percentage (.375) and has 237 kills on the campaign.
- Jersonsky also leads the squad defensively at the net with 104 total blocks entering the match. She ranks third in the league with a 1.12 rejection per game average.
- With two setters leading the way, Auburn is fourth in the SEC in assists per game. Leading the way is junior Chelsea Wintzinger, who averages 6.31 helpers per game and freshman Ciara Richards, who dishes out 5.14 assists per set.
- In the back row, junior Sarah Wroblicky leads the Tigers with 4.10 digs per set. That mark ranks her seventh in the SEC. Bullock averages 3.41 digs per frame and ranks 15th in the conference.
- Auburn Head Coach Rick Nold is in his second season at the helm of the Tigers. After posting an 11-19 overall record last season, Nold's overall mark at Auburn is an even 28-28 entering the match.