KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Volunteers wrap up the SEC volleyball weekend hosting LSU on Sunday at Thompson Boling-Arena.
The match starts at 4 p.m. with doors opening at 3 p.m.
The Vols (15-13, 5-10 SEC) are facing LSU (9-17, 4-11 SEC) for the first and only time this season. Tennessee is coming off a 3-1 Wednesday loss to Texas A&M. The Tigers lost 3-0 to No. 23 Kentucky on Friday.
For more news and notes:
- Free admission to all fans who present their Tennessee vs. Missouri football ticket.
- Kid's Day: Free admission for all kids 12 and under. The first 150 kids will receive a free hot dog and drink voucher.
THE FINAL STRETCH
- The Vols have three matches remaining in the season, two at home and one away.
- The Vols are 7-3 this year at Thompson-Boling Arena, including 4-3 in SEC play. 2016 UT individual match highs at TBA: Kills - 15 (Treiber), Assists - 49 (Hansen), Blocks - 7 (Treiber, 3x; Hembry), Digs - 20 (Hansen).
- The Vols have been 7-3 at home this year compared to 5-8 in true road matches.
- Tennessee is hitting .264 as a team at home, vs. 232 on the road.
- Defensively, the Vols have held teams to .164 hitting at home, down from .222 on the road. To go along with that stat, the Vols have had better digging (14.29 to 13.78) and blocking (2.54 to 2.22).
- Erica Treiber is hitting .344 at home compared to .283 away from TBA. She also has more blocks (1.25 B/S to 1.05 B/S).
- Alyssa Andreno is hitting .333 at TBA and .217 on the road.
SERIES VS. LSU
- Series: LSU leads 37-22
- Last 10: Tied 5-5
- Current Streak: UT W1
- Last Match: Led by 11 kills from Kendra Turner and 10 from Kanisha Jimenez, the Vols beat LSU 3-0 last season.
- Sedona Hansen is climbing up the UT season charts for sets in a season, entering the match with 1,010 (11.22 assists/set).
- Her 1,010 assists rank fourth most by a Vol a season in the 25-point rally scoring era (since 2008). Third on the list is Lexi Dempsey's 1,181 in 2015.
- Mary Pollmiller ranks first with 1,480 assists (11.94 assists/set) during the Vols' SEC championship season in 2011.