KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The Tennessee Volunteers play their final home match at Thompson-Boling Arena this season, hosting No. 23 Kentucky on Wednesday at 9 p.m. Eastern.
Doors open at 8 p.m. Admission is free. The match will be broadcast on ESPNU.
Tennessee is coming off a 1-1 week at home, losing to Texas A&M 3-1 before defeating LSU by the same score. Kentucky (22-6, 15-2) beat LSU 3-0 and Texas A&M 3-1.
While the Vols have two matches left, Wednesday is the regular-season finale for Kentucky. At 15-2 in the conference, the Wildcats hold a half-game lead over Florida and Missouri, which are both 14-2.
For more news and notes:
THE FINAL STRETCH
- The Vols have two matches remaining in the season, one at home and one away. This match will be Senior Night for UT.
- The Vols are 8-3 this year at Thompson-Boling Arena, including 5-3 in SEC play.
- 2016 UT individual match highs at TBA: Kills - 19 (Grubbs), Assists - 51 (Hansen), Blocks - 7 (Treiber, 3x; Hembry), Digs - 21 (Schumacher).
- The Vols went 1-1 last week at TBA, losing 3-1 to Texas A&M before defeating LSU 3-1.
- Sedona Hansen had two more double-doubles, giving her 16 on the year. She had 43 assists and a career-best 20 digs against Texas A&M.
- The Vols have been 8-3 at home this year compared to 5-8 in true road matches.
- Tennessee is hitting .267 as a team at home, vs. 232 on the road.
- Defensively, the Vols have held teams to .168 hitting at home, down from .222 on the road. To go along with that stat, the Vols have had better digging (14.37 to 13.78) and blocking (2.49 to 2.22).
- Erica Treiber is hitting .348 at home compared to .283 in true road matches. She also has more blocks (1.25 B/S to 1.05 B/S).
- Alyssa Andreno is hitting .336 at TBA and .217 on the road.
SERIES VS. KENTUCKY
- Series: UK leads 47-29
- Last 10: UK leads 8-2
- Current Streak: UK W7
- Last Match: Kentucky won 3-0 on Oct. 9 in Lexington. It concluded the Vols’ series of four road matches, their longest road stretch of the year.
- Last Ranked Win: The Vols’ last top 25 win came 3-1 vs. #22 Arkansas (10/11/15)
- Sedona Hansen is climbing up the UT season charts for sets in a season, entering the match with 1,061 (11.29 assists/set).
- Her 1,061 assists rank fourth most by a Vol a season in the 25-point rally scoring era (since 2008). Third on the list is Lexi Dempsey’s 1,181 in 2015.
- Mary Pollmiller ranks first with 1,480 assists (11.94 assists/set) during the Vols’ SEC championship season in 2011.