COLUMBIA, Missouri — The Tennessee volleyball team concludes the SEC season Saturday against 22nd-ranked Missouri at the Hearnes Center.
The match starts at 7:30 p.m. Eastern and will be streamed as an SEC Network+ event.
The Vols (17-13, 7-10 SEC) are coming off a 3-1 upset win over No. 23 Kentucky on Wednesday. Missouri (24-5, 15-2) will play for at least a share of the SEC title on Saturday following their 3-0 Wednesday win against Georgia.
For more news and notes:
- This match marks the season finale for the Vols.
- The Vols are 9-3 this year at Thompson-Boling Arena (6-3 SEC), and 5-8 (1-7 SEC) on the road.
- Individual match highs in road matches this year: kills (23 - Grubbs), digs (27 - Villano), blocks (8 - Treiber, Andreno) and assists (56 - Hansen). Seven of Sedona Hansen’s 16 double-doubles have been on the road.
- The Vols went 1-1 last week at TBA, losing 3-1 to Texas A&M before defeating LSU 3-1.
- Tessa Grubbs was named to the SEC All-Freshman Team this week. She has led the Vols with 3.64 kills/set this season.
RECAPPING THE HOME FINALE
- Tennessee is coming off a 3-1 upset victory over No. 23 Kentucky on Wednesday at TBA.
- It was the Vols’ first win over a ranked opponent this year (1-2) and snapped a 7-match losing streak to Kentucky.
- Erica Treiber led the Vols with her serving and all-around play, finishing with 8 kills (.533), 3 aces, 3 digs and 5 blocks.
- Kanisha Jimenez finished with 7 kills, 16 digs and 2 aces while playing the right side. Outside hitter Kendra Turner had a team-leading 12 kills and 8 digs.
- Sedona Hansen recorded her team-leading 17th double-double of the season with 42 assists and 11 digs.
SERIES VS. MISSOURI
- Series: Missouri leads 7-2
- Last 10: Missouri leads 7-2
- Current Streak: MU W5
- Last Match: Missouri won 3-1 in the first meeting of the year Nov. 4 at Thompson-Boling Arena. Tessa Grubbs led the Vols with 12 kills and two aces. Sedona Hansen had a double-double (45 assists, 13 digs).
TOPS IN THE SEC
- The Vols are ranked in the top five in the conference in five category season averages: fourth in assists (12.95), fourth in kills (13.89), fourth in aces (1.22), fifth in hitting percentage (.255) and fifth in opponent hitting percentage (.192).
- Sedona Hansen ranks third in the SEC and 17th in the NCAA with 11.26 assists/set.
- Erica Treiber ranks ninth in the SEC with a hitting percentage of .349.
- Tessa Grubbs is seventh in the SEC with 3.64 kills/set.
- Brooke Schumacher is 10th with 3.28 dis/set.