Sept. 28, 2011
BROOKS PAUL SHORT RUN
Sept. 30, 2011 | Goodman Campus Course | Bethlehem, Pa.
Men's 8K Race - 11 a.m. ET
Women's 6K Race - 11:45 a.m. ET
FIVE FAST FACTS FROM THE STARTING LINE
1. The Vols and Lady Vols will see a spike in competition this weekend, as they compete in the Gold division races at the Brooks Paul Short Run at Lehigh University. It is traditionally one of the best meets in the eastern United States.
2. Seven ranked teams are among the men's Gold field, including No. 4 Oklahoma, No. 12 Princeton, No. 15 Syracuse, No. 17 Providence, No. 18 Villanova, No. 19 Virginia and No. 22 Georgetown.
3. In the women's Gold race, there are also seven ranked squads among the entries. That group includes No. 1 Georgetown, No. 3 Providence, No. 5 Villanova, No. 9 Duke, No. 12 Syracuse, No. 15 North Carolina and No. 16 Virginia.
4. Brittany Sheffey has paced Tennessee in both meets this season, winning the Tennessee Invitational on Sept. 17 and finishing fourth at the Belmont-VU Opener on Sept. 2. She has scored in all 20 of her college races for the UT women.
5. Chris Bodary has emerged for the men's squad, posting runner-up finishes at both the Tennessee Invitational and Belmont-VU Opener. He has contributed to UT's scoring tally in eight-straight races and on 14 of 19 occasions during his career.
To read all the details about the meet and the UT cross country teams, please check out the UT Meet Notes below.
KEY INFORMATION LINKS
UT Meet Notes For The Tennessee Invitational In ISSUU Format (Below):