Oct. 26, 2011
SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Oct. 31, 2011 | Lambert Acres Golf Club | Maryville, Tenn.
Men's 8K Race - 10 a.m. ET
Women's 6K Race - 11 a.m. ET
Awards Ceremony - Noon ET
SETTING THE SEC STAGE
1. Tennessee plays host to the SEC Championships on Oct. 31 at Lambert Acres Golf Club in Maryville. UT last hosted on Halloween in 1998, also at this venue.
2.The men are scheduled to run an 8000m race at 10 a.m. Eastern time, followed by the women in a 6000m battle at 11 a.m.
3.Ranked squads include #15 Arkansas and #28 Florida in the men's field and #11 Arkansas and #22 Florida for the women's field.
4.Arkansas is the defending men's champion, and Florida is the defending women's winner.
5.The 2011 SEC women's champ, Kristie Krueger of Georgia, returns, while the top male returnee is Eric Fernandez of Arkansas, who was sixth last season.
FIVE BIG ORANGE FACTS FROM THE STARTING LINE
1. Tennessee has won a combined 30 SEC team titles in cross country through the years, including 25 from the Vols and five from the Lady Vols.
2. This marks J.J. Clark's 20th SEC Cross Country Championship meet as a full-time coach, including 10 seasons at Florida (1992-2001) and 10 at Tennessee (2002-present).
3. While Clark is guiding the Lady Vols at the SEC Championships for the 10th time, this marks the first occasion he has directed the Vols at the league meet. He has won five women's SEC titles during his career.
4. Lady Vol senior Brittany Sheffey, a two-time All-SEC performer, has two victories to her credit this season, including one in her last outing at the Crimson Classic on Oct. 15.
5. Vol senior Chris Bodary has carded three runner-up finishes this season and enters the SEC meet seeking his first All-SEC honor to go along with an SEC All-Freshman Team nod in 2008.
KEY INFORMATION LINKS
UT Track & Field Twitter Accounts: @Vol_Track and @LadyVol_Track
SEC Twitter Account: @SECSportsUpdate
UT Meet Notes For The SEC Championships In ISSUU Format (Below):