Nov. 18, 2011
NCAA CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS
Nov. 21, 2011 | 12:58 p.m. ET
LaVern Gibson Championship Course Terre Haute, Ind.
SETTING THE STAGE
- Brittany Sheffey will travel to Terre Haute, Ind., where she will run at 12:58 p.m. ET on Monday, Nov. 21, in the NCAA Cross Country Championships at the LaVern Gibson Championship Course.
- Running in her 25th career collegiate race, Sheffey will be making her first NCAA Cross Country Championships appearance and her final cross country showing as a Lady Vol.
- This marks the eighth time in J.J. Clark's 10 seasons at the helm of Lady Vol cross country that either a UT team or runner will be competing at the NCAA Championships.
- Tennessee will have either an individual or team in a national championship race for the 21st time in school history.
A Look At Brittany Sheffey
- Bouncing back from an injury redshirt season, Brittany Sheffey led Tennessee in all six races this season, posting victories at the 5K Tennessee Invitational (Sept. 17) and the 5K Crimson Classic (Oct. 15).
- Sheffey also posted top-10 efforts at the NCAA South Regional (eighth on Nov. 12) and the Belmont-VU Opener (fourth on Sept. 2).
- She is a three-time All-South (2011, 2009, 2008) and All-SEC honoree (2011, 2009, 2008).
- In 24 career starts, Sheffey contributed to UT's point total in all of them.
- Her career bests include 20:39 for 6K (2009 Brooks Paul Short Run), 17:11.71 for 5K (2011 Crimson Classic) and 14:11.83 for 5K (2011 Belmont-VU Opener).